If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Ensure all users are logged out of The Education Edge and Faculty Access for the Web.
Note: When the plug-in is run, users are automatically disconnected from the database and lose any unsaved data.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge:
- CLEARCONNECTIONS.EXE: Version 7.52 and higher
- Save CLEARCONNECTIONS.EXE to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed.
- Double-click CLEARCONNECTIONS.EXE.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contain ClearConnections.dll and docClearConnections.vbd.
- Register ClearConnections.dll on the workstation.
- Log into The Education Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select the Miscellaneous link.
- Click the Clear Orphan Connections link.