- Ensure the individuals or organizations to be added as joint members have relationship records on the constituent record of the members. If they do not, add the relationship records.
- Create a query of the memberships to which the joint members are to be added.
- Create a membership card import file in CSV (commas separated values) format based on the query created in step 2.
- On the Fields tab, select the fields required for a membership card import, particularly the following fields:
Membership Import ID (MEImpID)
Card Import ID (MECardImpID)
Joint Member (MECardJoint)
Relationship Import ID (MECardRelImpID)
- Once the import file is created, open the file in Excel.
- Remove the value under MECardImpID.
- Add the relationship's import ID under MECardRelImpID and name under MECardNm
- Change the value from FALSE to TRUE under MECardJoint
- Save the file as .CSV.
- Import the CSV file using a membership card import.
- On the General tab, select Import new records under What do you want to do?.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.