- From an open student record, select the Notes tab
- Click New Note on the action bar
- On the New Note screen, accept the current date or enter a new date in the Date field
- In the Title field, you can enter a title for the note
- In the Type field, select a notepad type, such as Advisor's Notes, Headmaster's Notes, Teacher's Notes, or Coach's Notes
- In the Author field, select your user name
- In the Description field, enter a description for the note
Note: Press F7 to open a text box for the description
- In the text box, enter notes to associate with the student record
Note: You can use the formatting options on the toolbar to format your note. For example, use select to bold, underline, and/or italicize text. You can also determine the text alignment, such as left aligned or centered.
- With the cursor in the text box, select Tools, Spelling from the menu bar to check the spelling of the note
- With a word highlighted in the text box, select Tools, Thesaurus from the menu bar to find a synonym for a word
- Press F5 to insert a time stamp
- To ensure the note can be printed on transcripts and report cards, mark the Print on transcript and Print on report card checkboxes
- To save the note and return to the Notes tab, click Save and Close
If you wish to keep the notes confidential, you will need a faculty member with Admin rights to set up a security group and limit access to a note type of your choice. Only faculty assigned to that security group will be able to add, view and edit the notes.
- On the Administration page, click Setup system security.
- Create a new security group or open an existing one.
- In the System Components box, select Registrar's Office or Admission's Office.
- In the Privileges box, select Records and click Options on the action bar.
- Select the appropriate Record Type and, in the Privileges box.
- In the first row mark the View, Add, Edit, and Delete checkboxes to grant or unmark to restrict privileges.
- In the Notes row mark the View, Add, Edit, and Delete checkboxes to grant or unmark to restrict privileges.
- For example to restrict the entire group to only have privileges for Notes only mark the View, Add, and Edit checkboxes in the Notes row.
- In the Miscellaneous Options box, unmark all checkboxes.
- Click OK and then Save and Close.
Note: For the new rights to take effect for the members of an existing user group, the users must log out of the database and then log back in.