You can document a student's conduct and results of the infraction on the Conduct tab
- From an open student record, select the Conduct tab.
- Click New Conduct Incident on the action bar.
- In the Infraction and Date fields, select an infraction and enter the date the incident occurred.
- If you have multiple schools defined, in the School field, select the school at which the incident occurred.
- In the Reported by and Location fields, select the faculty/staff member reporting the incident and the location in which the incident occurred.
- In the Consequences grid, in the Consequence and Date columns, select the consequence of the infraction and enter the date the consequence is to occur.
- In the Time From and Time To columns, enter the start and end times of the consequence.
- In the Status column, select the status of the consequence, such as Served, Pending, or Dismissed.
- In the Assigned To column, click the binoculars to select a faculty/staff member.
Note: In order for a faculty/staff member to appear on the Open screen, the Assign conduct checkbox must be marked on the Bio 1 tab of the faculty/staff record.
- In the Location column, click the binoculars to select the room or school area in which the consequence is to occur.
- In the Units column, enter the number of units the student must complete, for example, the number of detention days.
- If the incident warrants a letter, you can print a letter for the student with information about the conduct:
- To print a predefined conduct letter, in the Conduct letter field, select a letter format and click the Letter button.
- To print a quick letter, click the Letter button. Word opens to a document with student information merged into the heading. The rest of the document is blank so you can create a custom letter.
- On the Word document toolbar, you can click Save this document to the conduct to save the letter to the database with the conduct record.
Note: If you save a letter to an conduct, a Word icon appears in the status bar of the conduct record.
- To close the letter and return to the conduct record, click Return to Conduct for [student name].
- You can mark the Letter sent on checkbox and enter a date.