Add Automatic Payment Plans
- On an open student record, select the Automatic Payments tab.
- Click New Automatic Payment.
- Enter a payment plan description and select Active for the status.
- In the Plan type field, select Fixed or Variable.
- For fixed plans, select either Payment can be created on any date or Payment can only be created from and enter the start and end dates. For variable plans Payment can be created on any date is the default.
- For fixed plans, enter the payment amount. If you later change this amount, the payment schedule grid updates for all scheduled payments. For variable plans, the default amount is disabled.
- Mark Allow EFT transactions to be created for this bank [ ] to include payment transactions created from this payment plan in the EFT file creation process. Select the bank to draft payments from.
- Select the Payment Schedule tab. For fixed plans, select Unlimited or Fixed (and the number of payments). Scheduled payments appear in the grid. For variable plans all options on the Payment Schedule tab are disabled.
- Click Schedule. The Payment Schedule Frequency screen appears.
- In the Frequency field, select how often to issue payments. You can select Annually, Monthly, Semi-monthly, or Weekly. Extra options appear at the bottom of the screen.
- In the Starting on field, enter the date for the first payment of the schedule.
- Review the grid on the right for the schedule as and make any changes needed, click Update.
- Click OK.
- On the Student Billing Detail tab you can view and add payee information. To add a payee, click Add Payee.
- If you plan to combine records onto one statement, place the parent's (assigned to party) name in the to Reduce the balance of box.
- If you plan to print separate statements for each record or use the record statement settings, place the student's name in the Reduce the balance of box.
Note: We recommend placing both the parents and the student on the Student billing detail tab. This allows the automatic payment to be generated correctly regardless of the statement option selected.
- Find the record you want to add as a new payee and click Open.
- In the Apply This Amount column, enter the percentage or dollar amount for which the student is responsible for this payee.
- Select the GL Distribution tab and enter a distribution.
- Add any appropriate information on the Attributes/Notes tab.
- Click OK to save and close the payment plan.
Generate Fixed Automatic Payments
- In Student Billing Processing, click Generate Fixed Amount Automatic Payments.
- Mark the For fixed schedules, include payments with these dates checkbox and select a date or a date range for the payments.
- Mark the For unlimited schedules, include payments that meet this criteria checkbox to include payments with unlimited schedules. In the field for unlimited schedules, select a date to generate payments through or enter a number of payments.
- Select any appropriate filters in the Filters grid.
- To create an output query, mark the Create output query of payment records checkbox.
- On the Deposit tab, enter deposit information. Enter a transaction date, entry date, description, and posting date for the deposit in the appropriate fields.
- Select a status, Post status field and Bank account in the appropriate fields.
- In the Projected Deposit Totals frame, enter the Projected # of payments and Projected total.
- On the Payment tab, select the payment date to use, the source and enter a comment.
- Click Preview to view payment records. Mark all payments you want to generate in the Generate column.
- To generate directly from the preview screen, click Generate Now. Or, if you did not preview, click Generate on the Generate Fixed Amount Automatic Payments screen.
- Mark View Control Report to view a detailed report about the payments.
- Click OK. After reviewing the control report, click X to return to the Generate Fixed Amount Automatic Payments screen.
- Select File, Close from the menu bar to return to the Payments page.
For more information about Automatic Payment Plans, refer to the Student Billing Records Guide (PDF)
Generate Variable Automatic Payments
When you Print statements, the program generates all charges and credits and applies payments for the record based on the statement criteria and the information you enter on the Auto Pay tab and creates one deposit and payment record.
- On the Auto Pay tab, mark Create automatic variable amount payments based on transaction due date to generate variable amount automatic payments and enable the other options on this tab.
- Enter a Deposit date, Entry date, deposit description, and select a Status.
Note: You cannot add new payments to a closed deposit.
- Select a post status, and enter a post date for the deposit in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the payment date, source and comments in the appropriate fields.
Note:For variable payments not paid by EFT, in the Source field, select the payment source mail.
- Define other Statement criteria before Printing the statements.
For more information about Variable Payment Plans, refer to the Mail Guide (PDF).