Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Create an import file with the required fields
The required fields are:
- In Administration, click Import records
- Highlight Individual and click New Import
- Select the Update existing records option
- In the Import file field, enter the path of the Import file created in step one
- Complete the remaining fields on the General tab as needed, click Next
- Select the appropriate options on the File Layout tab, click Next
- On the Fields tab, define the fields in the import file. Map the Primary Addressee field and Primary Salutation field.
- Click Next
- Mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported option to create a file of records that could not be created/updated. This option allows you to modify the records causing an exception and import them separately.
- Mark the create control report option
- Click Save and enter an appropriate name
- Click Import Now to begin the import process
- Review the control report once the process is complete