Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Create a constituent import file in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format for all records in the database or for a query of records.
- On the Fields tab, select:
Constituent, Import ID
Constituent, First Name
Constituent, Last Name
Constituent, Middle Name
Constituent, Organization Name
Any other fields whose capitalization needs to be updated
- Open the CSV file
- Change the case of the appropriate fields
- Save and close the CSV file
- Import the CSV file using a constituent import
- On the General tab, select Update existing records
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process