- Open the Blackbaud Management Console and confirm that your database is attached and online. If the database is not attached, then attach your database. If the database is offline, then bring the database online.
- Check to see if the Windows firewall is enabled on the database server. If enabled, then verify that the port number that SQL Server is using is opened in the firewall, as well as UDP port 1434 (if using dynamic ports). See How to find the port being used by SQL Server to determine the port number and protocols being used by SQL Server.
Watch videos that show you how:
How to open a port in Windows (3:58)
How to find the port used by SQL Server (2:37)
- Verify that the SQL Server service is started.
- Verify that the SQL Server Browser service is started on the application server if using a dynamic port for SQL Server.
- For additional troubleshooting steps, refer to How to troubleshoot login issues (39052) .
If Blackbaud hosts your database:
Contact Support and reference this article.