If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge:
- SharePhones.exe: Version 7.60
- Save SharePhones.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed
- Double-click SharePhones.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains SharePhones.dll and SharePhones.vbd.
- Register SharePhones.dll on the workstation
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Education Edge
- Log into The Education Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Mark Phones As Shared link
- Follow the prompts