If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment. (BB278840)
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database (BB52243). If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator (BB10978)
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- PatronymicExcludes.exe: Versions 7.70 - 7.92
- Save PatronymicExcludes.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed
- Double-click PatronymicExcludes.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files (BB546) into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains Patronymic.vbd and PatronymicExclude.dll.
- Register PatronymicExclude.dll on the workstation (BB520361)
- Have all other users exit and sign out (BB16633) of The Raiser's Edge
- Log into The Raiser's Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Define Patronymic Prefix Excludes link
- Follow the prompts
- After entering new items in the list, exit and sign out (BB16633)
- Log back into The Raiser's Edge