The File Locations tab in User Options allows each user to specify the locations where files are created when performing certain functions in The Raiser's Edge:
- The Word Processing Documents/Letters file path determines where a merge letter is created in Mail.
- The Crystal Reports Database file path currently does not have any functionality.
- The AddressAccelerator Data Files file path indicates where the AddressAccelerator data files are installed.
- The Export/Import file path determines where files exported from Export, Query, Mail, and Import are created.
- The Excel Spreadsheets file path determines where Excel files are created when right-clicking in a grid and selecting Export grid to Excel. (If the user right-clicks and selects Export Grid, the export file is created at the location specified on the Export/Import row.)
To set a default location:
- Put the cursor in the Location field.
- Click the ... on the far right.
- In the new window, find the desired file location or folder to save to.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Specified locations in User Options will override throughout RE even if a specific location is saved. If different locations are needed (say for different mail merges), then leave Location blank for that file type so the different locations can be saved.
- These defaults do not apply to saving in applications opened from The Raiser's Edge, such as Word, Excel, or Adobe Acrobat Reader
- In Blackbaud Hosting, a local location can be defaulted to export/save files to your computer or a network location. (Notes: For best performance, save to your local workstation and then move to a network/shared drive. Drive mapping / this default may not function if working in the Raiser's Edge-NetCommunity plug-in. Switch to the The Raiser's Edge ### orange RE icon instead.)