Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Use import to update or add to multiple addresses at once. For example you can add a county to a student address, or update an existing address to reflect a change in a student's county.
- Create an import file with the required fields (BB91758)
- Record Import ID
- Address Import ID
- Add the information to be updated to the import file and save it as a .CSV
- Open Administration and click Import records
- Select Record and click New Import
- On the General Tab, select the Update existing records option
Note: New addresses can be imported to the record with the same import
- Enter the file path and name of the import file
- On the Fields tab, map the fields to match the import file
- Validate and import the file
For more information, refer to How to import into The Financial Edge - The Basics of Importing (BB73785)