If you have a cash drawer connected to the Epson Printer, follow these steps to set up the drawer:
- Download the Epson OPOS drivers from Epson's website (free registration required)
- Unzip the installation files to your hard disk
Note: Epson OPOS ADK version 2.40e is recommended. However, certain printer and cash drawer combinations may require older versions. Some newer printers may not be listed. In this case, find an older model that the newer printer replaced. For example, for TM-T88III printers (not available in Epson OPOS 2.10), use TM-T88II.
- Start the installation by double-clicking Setup.exe in the unzipped Disk1 folder.
- During the installation, accept all the defaults except when you are prompted to choose Epson CO or Common Control Object (CCO). In this case, choose Common Control Object (CCO).
Note: If you accept all the defaults, make sure that you remove the OPOS drivers and reinstall them. This action is required by Store Operations, not by the Epson drivers.
- Click Start, Programs, OPOS, SetupPOS Ver2.00
- Right-click on POSPrinter and select Add new device
- Select the device name you are using. For example, TM-T88II.
- Click the Detailed Model. Choose "P" for parallel or "U" is for USB. Serial devices, which connect to COM ports, typically do not have a suffix.
- Enter a name in the Add New LDN field. For example, type printer. Make a note of this name. You will use this name when you set up the register in Store Operations Manager.
- Click Next.
- Click the LPT or COM port to which this printer is connected.
- Click Check Health Interactive. You will receive a test receipt if the printer drivers are configured correctly. The printer drivers must pass this test successfully to work in Store Operations. Click Finish to complete the OPOS installation for the printer.
Note: If the Check Health Interactive test fails with any error, contact Epson for technical support. Microsoft Business Solutions cannot support the setup of hardware OPOS drivers. To contact Epson support, call (562) 276-1314.
- Right-click CashDrawer, and then click Add new device.
- Click to select Standard as the device name. Enter Drawer as the LDN name.
- Click to select StandardP as the Detailed Model, and then click Next.
- Click the same LPT port where the cash drawer is. This will be the same port that you chose in step 7.
- Click Check Health Interactive for the cash drawer. The drawer will open.
- In Store Operations Manager, open the register properties. To do this, click Database, point to Registers, and then click Register List.
- Click the Receipt Printer 1 tab.
- For the OPOS Device, type Printer, where Printer is the LDN name that you created in step 8.
- Make sure that you have a receipt format selected for the receipt printer. For the OPOS device name for the cash drawer, click the Cash Drawer tab, and then type Drawer, where Drawer is the LDN name that you created in step 11b).
- Test the printer and the cash drawer by typing a sales transaction in POS. See your User Guide or the Online Help in Manager or POS by pressing F1 for help with entering a sales transaction.