- Create an import file including the following fields:
Repeat the Student/Applicant Address Import ID, Contact Type, and Contact Number fields for each phone number or email address to be imported. The Student/Applicant Address Import ID values will be the same for each phone number.
- Student/Applicant Import ID
- Student/Applicant Address Import ID NOTE: If the import file does not contain the Address Import ID, a brand new address will be created with just the contact type(s) in the import file
- Contact Type
- Contact Number
- Enter the information to be imported and save and close the import file.
- In Administration, click Import.
- Highlight Student or Applicant and click New Import.
- Select the Update existing records option.
- In the Import file field, enter the path of the Import file created in step one.
- Complete the remaining fields on the General and File Layout tabs.
- Select the Fields tab and define the fields in the import file (if using a saved parameter file from the create import file process the fields will already be defined as needed), click Next.
- Mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported option to create a file of records that could not be created/updated. This option allows you to modify the records causing an exception and import them separately.
- Mark the create control report option.
- Click Save and enter an appropriate name.
- Click Import Now to begin the import process.
- Review the control report once the process is complete.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.