Submit separate data files for each phone type. Each submission is equal to one screening. Follow the steps below to submit the data file and import the updated phone numbers.
- Create a query of the constituents to include in the screening
Note: All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
- Using the selected records from your query, export the following fields in CSV (comma-separated values) format:
Preferred Address Line 1
Preferred Address Line 2
Preferred Zip Code
Constituent Import ID
Address Import ID
Preferred Phone Number
- Transfer the file to our FTP site
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when the file has been successfully transferred
- Once you have been notified that the files are completed, download the files from FTP into a location you can easily remember such as to your desktop and unzip the files. The zip file contains a summary report and two data files (PhoneService and PhoneServiceAttributes).
- Create an attribute called PhoneFinder with a data type of either Text or Table
- Import the phone numbers
- On the Navigation bar, click Admin and select Import
- Under Constituent, double-click Constituent Phone
- Select to Import new records and mark the Create new table entries checkbox under Options
- In the Import file field, browse to the unzipped PhoneService file that was downloaded from the FTP site
- Select the Use Import ID and Delimited Characters separate the fields options
- Select the Summary tab
- Mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported check box and name the file C:\Exceptions.txt
- Mark the Create control report checkbox and select the Preview option
- Leave all other options and tabs set to the defaults
- Click Import Now to import the Constituent Phones
- Manually delete the phone numbers that are not needed or are out of date
Note: If the phone number is exported and is correct, it will come back as verified. If the phone number is not exported but does exist on the record and is correct, a duplicate phone number is imported.