Before exporting, we recommend that you review How to import in The Raiser's Edge 7 - The Basics of Importing (BB58904).
Please note that not all information can be exported in one file. For example, the constituents' name and address information needs to be exported separately from the gift information.
We have Knowledgebase solutions with detailed instructions and sample data files on many import types. The most common are listed below. Refer to the Knowledgebase solutions to determine what fields must be exported from your existing software.
If you need to export information that is not listed below, search our online Knowledgebase to find the appropriate solution. For example, if you need to import registration fees for an event, search using "How to import registration fees".
Popular importing solutions with a sample data file
- How to import constituent name, address, and phone numbers (BB5765)
- How to import gifts (BB15593)
- How to import constituent attributes (BB8670)
- How to import the primary addressee and salutation (BB4397)
- How to import new constituency codes or update existing ones (24284)
- How to import an individual's primary business information (24422)
- How to import reciprocal individual relationships that are constituents, contacts, and linked spouses (BB23404)
- How to import alumni or education information (BB217496)
We also offer conversion services. To learn more about a custom conversion, contact your account manager.