Backing up custom reports depends on whether they are run from the Plug-Ins module or the Reports, Custom Reports module.
Reports run via Plug-Ins:
Custom reports run from Plug-Ins are workstation-specific. If copies of the report are on multiple workstations, only one copy needs to be backed up. When restoring from a backup copy, restore each workstation separately.
Back up the following files and directories:
- The 'Custom' folder (RPT and MDB files) located under the installation directory. The default is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raiser's Edge 7\Custom for The Raiser's Edge and C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge 7\Custom for The Financial Edge and The Education Edge.
- The Plug-Ins folder located under the same installation directory listed above.
Reports run via Reports, Custom Reports:
Custom reports run through Reports, Custom Reports may be stored anywhere, typically in a shared network directory. Back up the RPT files and any associated database files the custom report may use. These reports can be restored and re-added to the Reports module.
Note: To determine the location of a custom report, do the following:
- In Reports, click Custom Reports
- Highlight the custom report in the right-hand frame and click Open
- Click browse in the Select Crystal Report field
- The Open window appears to the location of the report. Click the Look in drop-down list to show the complete path.