- In Records,
- Click Charges.
- Click Add a New Charges.
- Click the appropriate record type - Students, Individuals, or Organizations.
- Select the Activity tab.
- Click the down arrow next to New Charge and select New Charge.
- Select the Student Name in the Charge for field.
Note: You can enter a new charge by Record ID or SSN/CFDA # instead, but you can enter data only in the left column. To move a column to the left, drag the column heading to the left until a red insertion mark appears in front of the left column. When you release your mouse button, the moved column appears on the left side of the grid.
- Enter a Transaction date, Post status and date, and Due date.
- Select the appropriate Category and Product/Description.
- Enter the remaining relevant information such as Amount, Comments, and Print status.
- If this charge is to be included in finance charge calculations, mark the Include this transaction in finance charge calculations checkbox.
- Select the GL Distribution tab complete the GL distribution for the charge.
- Select the Payments/Credits tab and apply payments or credits if appropriate.
- Select the Attributes/Notes and add any appropriate attributes or notes.
- Click Save and Close.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.