If the relationship is a spouse:
- Create a constituent query.
- On the Criteria tab, select Spouse, Attributes, Specific Attribute, [Attribute Name].
If the relationship is not a spouse:
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a constituent query. On the Criteria tab, select Attributes, Specific Attributes, [name of attribute], Attribute Description equals [the specific description].
- Create a constituent export and include the query on the General tab.
- On the output tab select:
Relationship, Individuals, Import ID
Relationship, Individuals, ID
- Create a query based on the export created in step 2.
- Create a constituent query of the individuals who have the constituent attribute:
- Open a new constituent query.
- On the Criteria tab, select Attributes, Specific Attributes, [specific attribute], Description equals [description].
- Save and close the query.
- Click Mail, Quick Letters and open a new letter.
- On the General tab, click the Include button and select the query created in step 1.
- Above the Include button next to Create for, select Relationships.
- In the bottom left corner, mark the Create an output query checkbox.
- Click Export and follow the prompts.
- In the Quick Letters window, confirm Relationships is still selected in Create for, and click the Include button to locate the output query created from Quick Letters.
- Change the Create for option from Relationships to Constituents.
- Click Export and follow the prompts. This final output query will contain the constituents who have a relationship who has a specific constituent attribute.