If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
It is recommended to stop all 3rd party and API calls to the database when running this plug-in.
**This plug-in is not available for The Raiser's Edge 7.94 and higher versions, as the de-duplication process occurs during upgrading**
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge: DeDupPhones.exe: Versions 7.80, 7.82 to 7.93 (It does not work with version 7.81.)
- Save DeDupPhones.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click DeDupPhones.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contain DeDupPhones.dll and dobDeDupPhones.vbd.
- Register DeDupPhones.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the De-Duplicate Phones link.
- Follow the prompts.