- When voiding the payment, select the option to "Leave the Deposit Amount the same and Create an offsetting bank adjustment".
- In Banks, click Open register.
- Open the adjustment created by the void and make the appropriate changes to the adjustment date, post date, and description.
Note: The amount of the adjustment cannot be changed.
- Save and close the adjustment.
- Post the bank adjustment.
Note: If you chose to reduce the amount of the deposit, and not to create the offsetting bank adjustment, a reversing entry will post to the General Ledger. Once you have chosen this option, we cannot edit the transaction. This includes the reversal post date.