You can make a deduction for a negative amount to effectively "refund" amounts over-deducted.
- In Records, Employees, open the employee record.
- Select the Compensation/Deductions tab.
- Add a new deduction using the deduction ID being refunded.
- Make the deduction effective from and to the period in which the refund should be calculated.
- In the Rate drop-down, select Amount.
- Select Amount per period and enter the negative amount using parenthesis or a negative sign.
Note: Amount per period is the only rate settings that will work for a negative deduction.
- Save and close the deduction.
- Calculate Payroll
Note: If the deduction being refunded is linked to a benefit, add a new deduction to use for the refund in configuration before step 1