Perform the following steps to run the Fundraising Effectiveness Project plug-in:
- Log into The Raiser's Edge
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar, select the Fundraising Effectiveness Project Plug-In link
- Enter Start and End dates for Period 1 and Period 2
- Note: This is for any two consecutive 12-month periods, where the latest year (Period 2) results by gain/loss categories compared to results in the prior year (Period 1). Calendar-year data is preferred if submitting results to the Association for Fundraising Professionals, to enable them to make apples-to-apples comparisons of fund-raising trends across calendar years. If the output is not going to be sent to AFP for consolidation, either calendar year or fiscal year periods can be used in the plug-in by setting the period start and end dates accordingly.
- Example: To respond with 2013-2014 data, the preferred period ending dates would be "12/31/2013" for Period 1 and "12/31/2014" for Period 2
- To enter optional organization information (such as professional affiliations, staffing levels, and contact information), click Enter your Organization Info.
- In the All Constituents frame, click the Preview All Data button to calculate the appropriate information for all constituents
- In the Individuals Only frame, click the Preview Individual Data button to calculate the appropriate information for individuals
- In the Organizations Only frame, click the Preview Organization Data button to calculate the appropriate information for organizations
- The information appears on the screen. To submit the data automatically to the survey, click the Send Button.
- Note: If you prefer to submit your information manually, copy this information and enter it on the FEP survey.
- Click the Close button to close the plug-in when finished.
|• Stock/Property||Includes the gift amount.|
|• Stock/Property (Sold)||Includes only the sold value of the gift. Broker Fees will not be taken into account.|
|• Matching Gift Payments|
|• Pledge Payments|
|• Recurring Gift Payments|
|• Other gifts|
Using the plug-in, donors are broken into the following categories:
|• New||Donors whose first gift was in Period 2.|
|• Recapture||Donors who were lapsed donors in Period 1 but gave a gift in Period 2.|
|• Upgrade||Donors whose total giving was more in Period 2 than in Period 1.|
|• Same||Donors who gave the same amount in Periods 1 and 2.|
|• Downgrade||Donors whose total giving was less in Period 2 than in Period 1.|
|• Lapsed new||New, first-time donors in Period 1 who did not give in Period 2.|
|• Lapsed other||Other lapsed donors who gave in Period 1 and prior periods but not in Period 2.|
|• Upgrade New||Donors that gave their first gift in Period 1 and then gave a larger gift in Period 2 than they gave in Period 1.|
|• Downgrade New||Donors that gave their first gift in Period 1 and then gave a smaller gift in Period 2 than they gave in Period 1.|