The following fields are available when updating addresses through AddressFinder. The fields are located on the Process Options tab when you mark the Save Old Address in Constituent Address List checkbox.
Note: Blackbaud provides the recommendations below for the best results with your AddressFinder screenings. These parameters are optional, and your organization should decide whether they are appropriate for your database.
Note: If you choose to submit multiple address types in your export file, you will get multiple Alternate addresses if you select the Save Old Address option. For example, if you submit three address types and select to save the old address when updating, the constituent record could have six addresses listed on the Addresses tab of his record.
- Address Type: The value in this field is added to the old addresses saved on the constituent record. Select an existing value in the drop-down menu or enter a new value if you have security rights to add table entries (BB219332). Some recommended examples of address types appropriate for old addresses are Former Address, Old Address, or Previous. If you leave this field blank, the value defaults from the old preferred address, possibly resulting in two Home addresses on your constituent record. The indicator for one address would be Preferred, and the indicator for the other would be Alternate.
- Info Source: The Info Source tracks who provided the address information. Select an existing value in the drop-down menu or enter a new value if you have security rights to add table entries (BB219332). Some examples of info sources for AddressFinder screenings are AddressFinder mm/dd/yyyy and NCOA Update mm/yy.
- Date From: This value represents the date the original address became valid. If a value is entered in the field, the value is added to all the old addresses.
- Date To: The field defaults with the current date
- Send mail to this address: This field defaults to Blank, which means it will keep the value that it has on the current address. However, since this is an old address, you can set this option to 'No' so that mail won't be sent to the old addresses kept for informational purposes.