For the US version of The Raiser's Edge version 7.80 and up:
1. Begin Download portion. Click on the Data Health Center module.
- Note: Depending on your version of The Raiser's Edge you may also need to select the Data Health Center tab at the top center of your database to access the main Data Health Center page.
3. Depending on your version a prompt will appear to Extract Response Files. The file provides additional information about the data that was returned. To save the report, click the Ellipsis button to browse to a specific folder on your workstation or network and click Extract > OK.
4. When the download is complete, the Download Update Results link changes to Update Data and the Updated Email Report link in the Create Reports column activates.
5. Click the Updated Email Report to view a report of changes that will be made to the database.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
1. Begin Update portion. Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
2. Click Update Data link.
3. General tab.
- Mark Create query of records updated checkbox for records that will be updated.
- Mark Create query of exceptions checkbox for records that can not be updated.
- In the Save import file to field, enter the location to save to save the import file on your hard drive. Click ellipsis button to make to the location.
- In the Processing Mode frame, select one of the following:
- Select Batch mode to update all email addresses at one time. If an address cannot be updated, an exception query is created. (Recommended)
- Select Interactive mode to update one email address at a time. This allows you to review each address before committing it to your database.
- In the Reporting Options frame, mark the Create control report checkbox to create a report containing information about the records that will be updated.
- Select the Alternate Email Type. This email type is used when the constituent already has an email address with the email type of EmailFinder.
- Note: This option was removed for versions 7.94 and up.
- Review the information to make sure your selections are correct.
7. In the Save Static Query window Input/Select preferences for records being updated > Click Save.
8. In the Save Static Query window Input/Select preferences for records with exceptions > Click Save.
9. If Batch mode was selected skip to step 10. If Interactive mode was selected:
- In the Append? column, mark the checkbox next to each Constituent Name you want to update.
- Click the Update Now button to update the records in your database and it will bring you to step 10. Click Select All to select all the constituents listed; click Deselect All to deselect all the constituents listed; click Cancel to end the updating session.
- Note: After you update your information, the Update link on the Data Health Center page changes, displaying the date you ran the update. The link remains active, allowing you to run the update again if necessary. If you only Update a portion of the records, the program does not remove those records from the display of update. When you go back to continue the update later, it will appear that the records that were previously updated, were not. However, if you go to open the actual record it will have the update. It is possible for duplicate emails to occur in this mode, which is why Batch mode is recommended.
11. Click the "X" icon at the top right once you are finished with the EmailFinder Update Control Report to complete the update process. Note: If you do not exit out of the report your data will not be updated.
12. Under the Update Data column for EmailRecordFinder the date of the update will appear.
EmailFinder is a opt out service. Some email providers require an email address from an opt in service. We recommend reading on how to comply with opt in services once you receive email addresses from EmailFinder.
In The Raiser's Edge version 7.71 and prior:
1. Retrieve your updated data file via FTP
2. Copy the zip file onto your desktop or another appropriate location. It contains an import file (EmailFinder.csv or .txt) and a file listing the constituents that opted out. Unzip it to an appropriate location and use the import file to update your database in step 3.
3. Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge
4. Import the new email addresses:
- In Administration, click Import.
- Under Constituent, select Constituent Phone and click New
- On the General tab, select:
- What do you want to do?: Import new records
- Options: Create new table entries
- Import file: Click the ellipses (...) to browse to the location of the EmailFinder.csv file unzipped in step 2
- How do you want the system to identify existing constituents?: Import ID
- What is the Format of the import file?: Delimited - Characters separate the fields
- Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults
- On the Fields tab, ensure all fields are mapped
- On the Summary tab, select:
- Create exception file of records not updated/imported: Name the file C:\Exceptions.txt
- Create control report: Preview
Below is a video that you can follow along with that will walk you through the import process for EmailFinder.