To run Quick Letters:
- Click Mail, Quick Letters, and Create a New Quick Letter.
- On the General tab, select the records for which to print the letters. If using a query, click Include... and choose Selected Records. Browse to and select the query. Use a query if you want to include specific records such as those constituents whose gift is in batch number 550.
- On the Fields to Include tab, select the appropriate fields to export. Customize which addressee and salutation is exported by clicking Options. Quick Letters can export name and address fields.
- On the Filters tab, you can include or exclude constituents based on the date the record was last changed, solicit codes, or constituency codes.
- On the Attributes tab, you can include or exclude constituents based on attributes. For example, you may include records marked with a special interest such as golf.
- On the Ind. or Org. Address tab, select the appropriate addresses for this mailing. Click the Address Attributes button in Step 3 to select Address Attributes. For information on address processing, refer to How does address processing work.
- Use the Segment tab if more than one query is needed for the mailing.
- On the Format tab, select the order in which the data should be exported: Alphabetical or ZIP Code. If you use a query, the records export in query order.
- After selecting the appropriate parameters on each tab, click the Merge button to use the Mail Merge Wizard or click the Export button to export to a data file.
- If using the Mail Merge Wizard, refer to the following solutions for instructions:
- How to use Word integration with Mail to perform a simple mail merge
- How to use Word integration with Mail to perform a conditional mail merge
For further information, refer to the Available Mail Tasks chapter in the Mail Guide.
- If exporting, do the following. If sending the data to a mailhouse, refer to How to create a mailing list or send data to a mailing house
- Select the preferred data format.
- Name the data file.
- Select a location in which to save the file. We recommend you save the data file to your hard drive (i.e., C:\MY DOCUMENTS\).