You can increase or decrease SUTA tax withholdings on the employee's next payroll check:
- Create the payroll calculations as normal
- On the Payroll Calculation Batch [ ] screen, highlight the employee to be adjusted and click Open
- In the Payment Details box, click the arrow to the right of New Pay Type and select Add New Benefit from the drop-down list.
- On the New Benefit for [Employee Name} screen, select Non-Cash Compensation in the Benefit Category Field
- In the Benefit ID/Description field, select the benefit created in Configuration with SUTA set to Subject to SUTA
- Enter the amount in the Total Amount field (this will be the gross wage amount that is used to calculate SUTA):
- Enter a positive number to increase withholdings
- Enter a negative number to decrease withholdings
- Save and Close the benefit. When prompted if you want to make the changes permanent to the Employee's record, click No.
- Select File, Save from the menu bar. When prompted if you want to make the changes permanent to the Employee's record, click No.
- Select the Calculation Summary tab.
- Review the grid at the bottom to ensure the Current and YTD amounts are correct. If so, Save and Close the calculation.
- Print the employee's check from Banks as normal.
- SUTA taxable wages and withholding must be adjusted at the same time. There is no "Report only" tax flag setting.
- Because SUTA is subject to a wage cap, the SUTA taxable wages are considered in order of the pay date until the cap is reached.