- On the Bio 1 tab, click the More button next to the address. This is the preferred address.
- From the menu bar, select Address>Copy Preferred Address To Alternate.
- Click OK
- Enter the new address in the still open Preferred Address.
- Click Save and Close.
- When the prompt 'This address is shared with at least one other record' appears, select 'Change this address for all records that share this address'
- Click OK.
- Click Save and Close to exit the constituent record
To update the addresses globally:
Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a Constituent export in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format.
- On the General tab of the export, include a query of the constituent records whose addresses need to be updated.
- On the Output tab, select the following fields:
Address>Preferred Address>Import ID
Address>Preferred Address>Address Block
- Click Export Now to create the export file.
- Open the CSV file.
- Rename header fields:
CnAdrPrf_Import_ID = AddrImpID
CnAdrPrf_ContryLongDscription = AddrCountry
CnAdrPrf_ZIP = AddrZIP
CnAdrPrf_Sndmailtthisaddrss = AddrSendMail
- Select all of the Address field headers and data fields. Copy these fields.
- Highlight the cell to the right of the last address header in the file.
- Paste the copied cells.
- Replace the first set of address fields (AddrLines, AddrCity, AddrCountry, AddrState, AddrZIP) with the new preferred address information.
- For the second set of address fields, delete the AddrImpID field, and change the PrefAddr and AddrSendMail fields to No. Note: You only need one column for the constituent ImportID.
- Save and close the CSV file.
- Import the CSV file using a Constituent import. (Import type is Constituent > Constituent)
- On the General tab, select Update existing records.
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process.