- On the Bio 1 tab, click the More button next to the address. This is the preferred address.
- From the menu bar, select Address>Copy Preferred Address To Alternate.
- Click OK
- Enter the new address in the still open Preferred Address.
- Click Save and Close.
- When the prompt 'This address is shared with at least one other record' appears, select 'Change this address for all records that share this address'
- Click OK.
- Click Save and Close to exit the constituent record
To update the addresses globally:
Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
NOTE: The Business Rule to set a default type for alternate address when copying preferred to alternate will NOT take effect. The business rule only takes effect when the address is copied to alternate from the tool bar's Address > Copy preferred address to alternate option. See How to copy a preferred address to alternate and default the address type for more information.
- Create a Constituent export in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format.
- On the General tab of the export, include a query of the constituent records whose addresses need to be updated.
- On the Output tab, select the following fields:
Address>Preferred Address>Import ID
Address>Preferred Address>Address Block
- Click Export Now to create the export file.
- Open the CSV file.
- Rename header fields:
CnAdrPrf_Import_ID = AddrImpID
CnAdrPrf_ContryLongDscription = AddrCountry
CnAdrPrf_ZIP = AddrZIP
CnAdrPrf_Sndmailtthisaddrss = AddrSendMail
- Select all of the Address field headers and data fields. Copy these fields.
- Highlight the cell to the right of the last address header in the file.
- Paste the copied cells.
- Replace the first set of address fields (AddrLines, AddrCity, AddrCountry, AddrState, AddrZIP) with the new preferred address information.
- For the second set of address fields, delete the AddrImpID field, and change the PrefAddr and AddrSendMail fields to No. Note: You only need one column for the constituent ImportID.
- Save and close the CSV file.
- Import the CSV file using a Constituent import. (Import type is Constituent > Constituent)
- On the General tab, select Update existing records.
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process.