- In Mail, Forms, Statements of Projected Charges, open an existing parameter or click New.
- On the General tab, in the What do you want to do? section, you can print or export statements, or both. To print statements on your selected printer, mark Print statements. If you mark Export statements to Access, the program creates a *.mdb file containing a database of statement recipients, transactions, and other statement information that you can use in Microsoft Access.
- In the Statement date field, you can select the date the statement is created— Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow, a specific date, or the transaction cutoff date.
- Include projected activity within this range [ ]. In this field, select the time period of activity to include. If you select <Specific range>, enter dates in the To and From fields. When including grade based billing items in the statement, only one grade is considered. For this reason, we recommend you run this report for a single academic year at a time.
- For grade based billing, use the students’ grade as of [ ]. This option appears only if you have Registrar’s Office. Mark this option to include grade-based fees based on the student’s grade as of the date selected in the field. The program determines the student’s grade based on the date and the student progression table.
- For grade based billing, bill for next grade. This option appears if you do not have Registrar’s Office. Mark this option to calculate grade-based fees based on the student’s next grade.
- Mark Create an output query of statement recipients to create a query of recipients.
- Mark Create an output query of records on statements to create a query of records appearing on each statement,.
- On the Filters tab, select criteria that determines which items to include in a statement.
For example if you filter by Product and Billing Items on Charges or Product and Billing Item Attributes, only charges with the selected products or billing items appear on the statements; therefore, charges for other products or billing items and any applications made to these charges (regardless of the application’s billing item) are not included in the statement.
- On the Attributes tab, you can use the Attributes tab to add, delete, or update attributes for statement recipients and records who receive statement copies.
- On the Address tab, specify whether addresses appear on statements of projected charges. The program compares the parameters you define on this tab with address information entered on the Addresses tab of the recipient’s record to
identify the appropriate address to use.
- On the Format tab, designate the format for the mailing. Settings on this tab determine the appearance of the statements. You can sort the mailing, make selections for details and formats, and align the statements on paper or forms.
- Click Preview.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.