Limit user rights to personal information to protect security. Refer to What is Blackbaud's recommendation for personal information best practices for more information.
To assign personal information security rights:
- In Administration, click Security
- Open the appropriate security group
- Mark the Shared Components checkbox in System Components
- Mark the Personal Information checkbox in Shared Component Privileges
- Click Options
- On the Security Options screen, mark the appropriate checkboxes:
- Personal Information Data Entry: A user can add, delete, or change personal information but cannot view it after saving or output it (e.g. in a report or export)
- Personal Information Output: A user can output personal information through the export module but cannot add, remove, change, or view it on records or in Batch
- Personal Information View: A user can view personal information on records and in Batch but cannot add, remove, change, or output the information
- Click OK
- Save and close the security group
- Reports and query returns will mask personal information regardless of Data Entry, Output or View rights.
- Social Security Number will display on State and Federal Tax reports and XAP Transcripts regardless of personal information security settings. To prevent users from accessing State and Federal Tax reports or XAP transcripts, mark the appropriate checkbox in Shared Components.
- Vendor Tax ID will display on 1099 Forms regardless of personal information security settings. To prevent users from accessing 1099 Forms, mark the 1099 checkbox in Shared Components.