Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Carefully read all of the instructions listed below before proceeding. If you are new to importing, also refer to How to import - the basics of importing (BB73785).
1. Create a data file or use an existing file.
- View a sample data file (sb7importcharges.csv), uses Record ID as the field match. You may need to widen the columns to view all of the information in a column. The sample file was tested in version 7.61.62. Other versions may vary slightly in the available fields.
- You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format.
- Record Import ID or Record ID
- Transaction date
- Due Date
- Post Date
- Category (e.g. Flat Rate Item)
- Billing Item ID (e.g. Bookstore)
- Charge Distribution Credit Account number * (account number defined on Billing item)
- Charge Distribution Amount *
- Project ID *
- Project Distribution Amount *
Note: If importing a Per Usage Item Charge, the following fields are also required:
- Unit of Measure
Note: If importing a Per Usage Item Charge, leave the Amount column blank. The system will calculate the Amount based on the Quantity and Price.
Note: If the fund requirements in the General Ledger specify projects are required, Project ID and Amount will be necessary to import. The same goes for any transaction codes required as well. Additional fields can be added if required (e.g. Comment).
3. Select the import file created in .CSV format.
4. Mark the Validate Data Only checkbox.
5. Select the File Layout Tab.
Note: This tab verifies if the file's fields match the data in them.
6. Select the Fields tab and verify the Field to import column matches the Import field column. Below is an example of what the Fields tab would look like when including the GL Distribution options:
7. Press Validate to verify the import will process correctly. If any exceptions occurs, search Knowledgebase by the exception message to determine what needs to be corrected.
8. Once there are zero exceptions, unmark the Validate data only checkbox on the General tab.
9. Press Import Now.