Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Advisors are components of the Student Progression Entry in the Registrar's Office 7
If the student does not have an existing Student Progression Entry:
- Create a data file for a Student Progression import
- Include at least the required fields in the import file:
- Academic Year
- Student Import ID
- Include Advisor in the import file (not required fields). Use the Record ID of the Advisor to identify the records in the import file.
- Import the data file as a Student Progression import
Note: If any students that meet the criteria for this import already have a Student Progression entry on their records, they will be listed as an exception and the optional fields (such as Advisor) will not be added to their records.
To add an Advisor to a student record with an existing Student Progression entry:
Note: The optional fields included in the import overwrite the information on the Student Progression entry, if any. For example, if an Advisor was already listed, the import replaces it with the Advisor in the data file.
- Export the fields to identify the student (such as student name and current year) and the fields required for a
Student Progression import:
- Student ID
- Import ID (Student Progression Import ID)
- Create a data file
with all required fields and the fields to add, such as Advisor.
- Import the data file as a Student Progression import. Be sure to choose to Update existing records.