NOTE: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
ALSO NOTE: Blackbaud VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDS that you complete the attribute import of your AgeFinder results FIRST so that you may review the results as needed. For constituents who already have a birth date on the Bio 1, this import will overwrite their current birth date with the new one from AgeFinder and you will be unable to reverse this action.
- In Administration, click Import Records and create a new Constituent import
- Select to Update Existing Records
- Browse out to the csv or txt file unzipped from the returned project file, in the What file to you wish to import? field
- Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults
- On the Fields tab, map Import ID to ImpID and CAttrDesc to BirthDate
- On the Summary tab, mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported checkbox and name the file C:\ExceptionsAgeFinder.txt and mark the Create control report checkbox and select Preview
- Click Import Now to import the age information.