It is important to NOT open the CSV file prior to using it for the import. Opening the file may cause Excel to interpret the data for Dates and change the values to a different date format than the values returned from Age Finder.
NOTE: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article. If your organization is Hosted by Blackbaud you can skip this step as Blackbaud regularly backs up your database.
ALSO NOTE: Blackbaud VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDS that you complete the attribute import of your AgeFinder results FIRST so that you may review the results as needed. For constituents who already have a birth date on the Bio 1, this import will overwrite their current birth date with the new one from AgeFinder and you will be unable to reverse this action.
- In Administration, click Import Records and create a new Constituent import
- Select to Update Existing Records
- Browse out to the csv or txt file unzipped from the returned project file, in the What file to you wish to import? field
- Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults
- On the Fields tab, map Import ID to ImpID and CAttrDesc to BirthDate No other fields need to be mapped.
- On the Summary tab, mark the Create exception file of records not updated/imported checkbox and name the file C:\ExceptionsAgeFinder.txt and mark the Create control report checkbox and select Preview
- Click Import Now to import the age information.