- Ensure you have the downloaded FE 7.70 (or higher) Install folder or installation CD. If using a CD, copy the 'Install' folder from the CD to the local machine you need to install SQL Server on. If you do not have either, download the latest update
- Download the Install MSDE.bat for the MSDE version or the Install_SQLExpress.bat file for the SQL Express version.
Note: If using version 6 modules along with The Financial Edge, be sure to use MSDE instead of SQLExpress.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the Blackbaud SQL Server Verification directory of the Install folder. For example: C:\Install\ISSetupPrerequisites\Blackbaud SQL Server Verification
- Run the .bat file
- Go to Start, Run
- Browse to the Financial Edge Installation folder
- Select the SQL Express setup.exe in ISSetupPrerequisites\Blackbaud SQL Server Verification of the Installation folder
For example, C:\Install\ISSetupPrerequisites\Blackbaud SQL Server Verification\Setup.exe
- Once you have browsed to the this location in the run line add the following switches to the end of the line
- Click OK and follow the prompts to install SQL Express
Note: This method can only be used to install Express (SQL Server 2005), so should not be used if you use version 6 modules along with The Financial Edge.