Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Export the Deceased Date
- Create a query of the records to be updated. (On the Criteria tab, select Attributes, Specific Attributes, PeopleFinder, PeopleFinder Description)
- Create a constituent export in CSV format based on the query created in step a.
- On the Criteria tab, select:
Constituent Information, ImportID
Attributes, Deceased/Not Deceased, Description
Attributes, Deceased, Comments
- Click Export Now.
- In Excel, open the CSV file.
- Change the headers in this CSV file to read as follows:
- Change the values in the Deceased column to Yes or No.
- Save and close the CSV file.
- Import the CSV file using a constituent import.
- On the General tab, select Update existing records.
- Select all other appropriate options and complete the import process.