- Launch and run the Raiser's Edge with full administrative rights to the system. This can be done by right-clicking on The Raiser's Edge icon and selecting the option to "Run as Administrator".
- If prompted for the Administrator password, enter a user name and password with administrator rights and log into the application. Once completed, then log out of the Raiser's Edge, and then double-click on the Raiser's Edge icon and log in. NOTE: The Windows user must have the necessary NTFS rights on the computer.
- If the issue continues to occur after completing the above step but only when double-clicking on The Raiser's Edge icon, then:
- Browse to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\<Product folder> and rename or delete all instances of the BBUpdate.ini file (64-bit operating systems); OR
- Browse to C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Blackbaud\<Product folder> and rename or delete all instances of the BBUpdate.ini file (32-bit operating systems).
Note: AppData is a hidden folder and can be accessed by typing the path into the address bar of your file browser then pressing the Enter key. (i.e: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData, then Enter.) or can be accessed by modifying the option to show hidden files, folders or drives in folder and search options.For information on User Account Control, and what it is, please see What is User Account Control (UAC).