- In Records> Courses, open the appropriate course, and select the Restrictions 2 tab.
- Open the appropriate academic year/session record.
- In the Length in terms field, enter the number of terms the course spans.
- Mark the checkbox for the terms in which the course can start.
Note: Do not select all terms in the Start in Term(s) box unless classes of the course can actually begin in all terms (for example, a one-term elective). If classes start in Quarter 1 and last through Quarter 4, mark Quarter 1 as the only start term.
- If students may request only one term of a multi-term course, mark the Allow partial requests checkbox.
- If you want to record attendance for classes of the course, confirm the Track class attendance checkbox is marked.
- In the lower frame of the tab, verify the scheduling information is set up correctly so Generate Master Schedule can produce the expected results
- You can restrict the course by meetings or by pattern (Patterns are not available on Course Restrictions (BB386042))
- If you restrict by meeting, you then define a specific number of meetings per cycle and set the length of the meetings
- If you restrict by pattern, you can select to use all meetings of the pattern or define how many of the meetings to use
- For more information, review How to restrict a course by meetings or pattern (BB179246)
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.