- Select the marking column that teachers will use to enter their grades in Faculty Access for the Web, for example Semester 1.
- Create the interim marking columns for this Semester, for example 1st Progress, 2nd Progress
- Hide the 1st Progress and 2nd Progress marking columns from teachers in Faculty Access for the Web because teachers will enter all grades in the Semester 1 marking column.
- At the time of the first progress report, post grades from Faculty Access for the Web. Post from Semester 1 to 1st Progress.
Mark the course as Not Ready after posting.
- Continue adding grades in the Semester 1 marking column.
- At the time of the second progress report, post from Semester 1 to 2nd Progress. Mark the course as Not Ready after posting.
- Finish entering grades for the Semester 1 marking column
- Post grades from Semester 1 to Semester 1
This allows the teachers to track what the interim grades were for a student at the intervals their school has defined. The grade will continue to change in Faculty Access for the Web, but the grades recorded in Grades will be a snapshot at that specific time.
Note: If teachers want to record comments for each progress report, the Supervisor can grant teachers rights to an interim marking column (such as 1st Progress) for a limited time. The Supervisor can then post the interim comments to the interim marking column (such as 1st Progress) in Registrar's Office.