- In Configuration, Business Rules, General, mark the Generate transactions based on information from the Registrar's Office checkbox (In version 7.70 mark the Generate transactions based on specific course fees checkbox) . This will configure the system to generate course fees and tuition based on the course in which a student is enrolled.
- In Configuration, click Determination Tables
- Click New Determination Table
- In the Academic year field, select the academic year to define a schedule
- In the Sessions field, select the session to define the schedule
- Select a billing item for the Use this billing item for fixed amount course fees, Use this billing item for amount per credit course fees, and Use this billing item to bill for the course by default fields.
- Note: The field, Use this billing item for fixed amount course fee and Use this billing item for amount per credit course fees, is referring to the billing item field on the Billing tab of the course record. If the Billing Item field is blank on the course record, the blank will be replaced with the billing item chosen for those fields in the determination table.
- For example, Eng 101 has two items listed on the Billing tab with no billing item listed. When the transactions are generated, the items will use the billing items listed on the determination table.
- If you need to set up billing items for exceptions to the default, Click Add Billing Exception
- Select the Student Classification, Student Status, Enrollment Type, and define a Billing Item
- Save and close the Determination Table
We recommend using multiple billing items to allow for more detailed reporting. If there a per credit item on the Billing tab of the course record, the exceptions listed on the determination table would not be used when generating transactions automatically. Instead, the billing item listed for the "Use this billing item to bill for the course by default" would be used.
The Billing tab for course records is for charges that are specific to the course *computer fee,