Ensure that the filters in the statement parameter are not counteractive. For example, if a query has been selected for the Statement Recipients filter and a student is selected in the Records in the Statement Body filter who does not meet the criteria of this query, the system will yield the 'No records meet specified criteria' error.
To troubleshoot this error, you will need to open a student's record who should appear on this statement run and note the information on the following tabs:
- Billing Status
- Current Grade
- If Registrar's Office is not installed, the grade level is based on the Current Grade field on the Bio 1 tab of the student's record
- If Registrar's Office is installed, the grade level is based on which Registrar's Office academic year the date falls within and the corresponding Student Progression Entry on the student's record.
Select each option from the Show drop-down and note:
- Who receives statements for the student
- Who receives statement copies for the student
- Find the ending balance as of the date entered in the Statements. To do this:
- In Mail, Forms, Statements, note the Transaction cutoff date on the General tab.
- Open the student's record and mark the Summarize activity as of <date> checkbox
- Enter the Transaction Cut off date used on the statement parameter.
- Make note if there is a Credit balance or a Zero balance as of that Date
Compare the information you collected from the student's record with the selections on the statement parameter.
- In Mail, Forms, open the Statement parameter
- On the General tab, review the Include Statements with checkboxes:
- If the student has a credit balance on their Activity tab, mark the A credit balance checkbox
- If the student has a zero balance on their Activity tab, mark the A zero balance checkbox
- If there are no transactions before the entered cutoff date, mark the No activity checkbox or change your Transaction cutoff date
- If the student has no activity and a zero balance, mark the A zero balance and no activity checkbox
- On the General tab, look at the selection in the Include recipients receiving drop-down and compare it with the selection on the student record's Statements tab when Who receives statement copies is selected:
- The selection Statement only - no copies means statements will print for only records listed when Who receives statements for the student is selected on the student record's Statements tab. For example, if the mother is listed with Who receives statement copies for the student, she will not receive a statement. You must select either Statement Copies only or Statements and Statement Copies for her statement to print.
- The selection Statement copies only means statements will print for only records listed when Who receives statement copies for the student is selected on the student record's Statements tab. For example, if there are no records listed, then no records will be included in the statements.
Another possible cause may be the record is filtered out. For example, mom is listed when Who receives statement copies for the student is selected on the student's Statements tab, and you are filtering your statements for only student records. Because she is an Individual record, she will be excluded.
- On the Filters tab, review your selections and compare them with the records displayed when Who receives statements is selected in the Show drop-down on the student's Statement tab:
- If the Student receives statements, do not select Individual records in the Statement Recipient or Statement Recipient Record Type filters.
- If the Parent receives statements, do not select Student records in the Statement Recipient or Statement Recipient Record Type filters
- Compare the filters on the Filters tab with the Grade Level and Billing Status on student's Bio 1 tab:
- If you select a query in any of your filters, make sure the record is in the query results. If the record is not in your query, then it won't be included in the statements. For example. if the query includes students in a specific grade level and the student is not in the selected grade level, you can adjust the grade levels criteria of the query to include the student.
- If you are filtering on Record Billing Statuses, include the student's status in the filter.
- If you are filtering on Grade Level, include the Grade Level that corresponds with the Current Grade on the student's Bio 1 tab.
- If the Student still doesn't show in statements, remove one filter at a time and preview the statements until you no longer receive the error message. Compare what was selected in that filter against the Student/Individual records.