- Search for an existing constituent with that ID:
- Go to Records > Open a constituent.
- Search using the Constituent ID to confirm they don't already exist.
- Assign a different a constituent ID if it is a different constituent.
- Select Update existing records and mark the Import new records not found checkbox to update the existing and import new constituents in the same file.
- Make sure any constituent IDs you are assigning are 20 characters or fewer. If they are longer then 20 characters they will truncate which can result in non-unique numbers.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.