The Update Linked Media plug-in re-maps linked media files.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
To run the plug-in, follow these steps:
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator
- Download UpdateLinkedMediaFE.exe
- Save UpdateLinkedMedia.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Financial Edge 7 installed
- Double-click UpdateLinkedMediaFE.exe
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. UpdateLinkedMediaFE.exe is a self-extracting zip file that contains the plug-in files: udUpdateMediaLinks.vbd, UpdateMediaLinks.dll
- Register UpdateMediaLinks.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Financial Edge 7
- Log into The Financial Edge 7
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Update Linked Media link
- In the Previous Server Name field, enter the path to the old media server. This should be the mapped drive and path to where the media objects are currently stored. (e.g. J:\FE_MEDIA\)
- Select the mapped drive for the new media server from the Start Search field drop-down list. We recommend creating an organized file structure on the new server to store the various media types which may be used.
- If the plug-in should only search the mirrored file structure on the new server, mark the Use previous Directory Structure checkbox. This lessens the likelihood of false positives, but may result in fewer links being fixed as noted below.
Note: The plug-in searches the new server to see if the existing file structure is in place and if the media object files are found.
- If the media files are found, it updates the links.
- If the media files are not found, it searches the mapped drive for media objects with the same names. If files with the same names are found, it updates the links.
Note: The plug-in is unable to apply any product-specific shortcut icons but uses a generic shortcut icon for fixed links. For example, instead of seeing the Microsoft Word icon you will see a generic shortcut icon.