Three user groups exist within the Blackbaud Hosting Services environment: Admins, Secure Share, and Users. These groups are standard and cannot be changed.
- Members of the Admins group can access applications and the contents of the Files folder, as well as User Administration. Users who serve as administrators can perform a number of administrative tasks. They can add users, add users to groups, change user passwords, disable and enable user accounts, and unlock user accounts.
- Members of the Users group can access applications and the contents of the Files folder. Most users are placed in this group.
- Members of the Secure Share group can access applications and the contents of the Files folder, as well as the secure folder. Only members of this group can view the secure folder and its potentially sensitive or confidential contents. Placing certain users in the Secure Share group can help you to establish an additional layer of document security among users at your organization.
SITEID-REAdmin: Has access to RE_SEC folder, program and files folder. Can also add/edit/delete users and reset passwords via User Administration.
SITEID-RESecure: Has access to the RE_SEC folder and its contents.
SITEID-REUsers: Has access to program and files folder.
To add a user to a group, please reference Knowledgebase Solution How to add a user to a security group for Blackbaud Hosting Services.
Note: If running The Financial Edge or The Researcher's Edge within hosting:
- The RESecure group will not have access to the FE_SEC or TRE_SEC folder.
- The group names will begin with SITEID-FE instead of SITEID-RE.