The Raiser's Edge 7.94 or higher is now available in Blackbaud Hosting. OWC is no longer used for Dashboards in this version. If you happen to encounter this message in your hosted Raiser's Edge, please note the application server(s) that you are accessing when you experience this message. Then contact Support and reference this article and the names of the affected servers.
If using locally installed Raiser's Edge:
To resolve this error and enable the use of Dashboards, follow these steps based on the version of Raiser's Edge you're using. Follow these steps if you're receiving this error when you've installed Raiser's Edge on brand new workstations or the Office Web Components have not been previously installed on the workstation.
7.94 and higher:
- The requirement for OWC (Office Web Components) has been removed in this version. OWC no longer needs to be present in order to use the Dashboard feature beginning in The Raiser's Edge 7.94.6116.0.
- If you are using any version prior to The Raiser’s Edge 7.94, users may update to version 7.95 or higher to resolve this issue. Download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.
If using The Raiser's Edge 7.92.5508.0 thru 7.93.5782.11:
- Download and install the Microsoft Office 2003 Web Components. NOTE: This link will direct you to download OWC11.exe, which is compatible only with The Raiser's Edge 7.92 and 7.93. Microsoft ended support for this on April 8, 2014, however, the download is still available.
- If the issue continues to occur, uninstall and reinstall The Raiser's Edge on the workstation.
Note: Installing the Microsoft Office Web Components may cause the Outlook Today dashboard to disappear in Office 2007
- Microsoft no longer allows the download of OfficeXP Web components. Please update to the latest version of the Raiser's Edge.
Refer to our system requirements for the latest compatibility information.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.