The following is an overview of the process. For detailed information, review Integration Planning Guide and Integration Guide by selecting Help, User Guides from the menu bar in your software.
- To access the Integration page in you education software, click Integration on the navigation bar in Admissions Office, Registrar's Office, or Student Billing.
- Click Print integration planning checklist on the Integration page. Print out the Integration Planning Checklist and use it to thoroughly prepare for integration.
- Click Set up Integration on the Integration page.
- Select the education software and Raiser's Edge databases to use, the fields to map among records, and how to map record types by establishing criteria for when records in the education software become records in The Raiser's Edge.
- Set options specific to integration. For example, to add the current date to the Date From column when adding constituent code information to a record, mark the following checkbox: When adding a constituent code through integration, default the Date From to the current system date.
- Define criteria for the program to use to match records between the two databases. For examples, on the People tab of the Matching Criteria screen, establish criteria for matching applicants, students, student/applicants, individuals, faculty/staff, constituents, and nonconstituents. On the Organizations tab, set criteria for matching organization records.
Note: When matching addresses on records that match, the program ignores punctuation and recognizes address abbreviation equivalents (such as Ave for Avenue, Ln for Lane, Pky for Parkway, and Anx for Annex).
- Review the matched records and determine which records to link between the education software and The Raiser's Edge.
Note: If a record in the source database does not have a match, you can add the record to the target database and link the records.
- To keep your data consistent between databases, synchronize the data regularly.
Note: We recommend that you automatically synchronize data every 15 minutes.