Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- In Administration, click Merge constituents.
- Enter the appropriate 'From' and 'To' constituents.
- Select to only move the Membership information over.
- Do not mark the Delete the source constituent checkbox.
- Click Merge Now.
If error messages occur regarding relation type or joint members, review the memberships and temporarily unlink any Joint members and/or other Card Recipients:
- Open the Merge from constituent record.
- Click on the Membership tab.
- Open the membership record.
- Click Members & Cards button.
- Highlight the member name.
- Click Open button above.
- In new window, click red X to delete or go to File > Delete.
- Review and then click Yes to prompt.
- Repeat steps 5 through 7 for each member.
- Click OK to close the Other Members and Card Information window.
- Complete the merge using steps above.
- After merge is completed, open any active or lapsed membership to add back a joint member or card recipient. (Note: For dropped membership, rejoin the membership, add the joint member / card recipient, and then drop the membership again.)