Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
- Create a gift query of the pledges to write-off.
- Create a gift export file using the query created in step 1 in CSV format. On the Output tab, select Import ID.
- Open the file in Excel. Give the column the header of GFLink and add the following headers and values to the spreadsheet and save the file in CSV format. (The wording in parenthesis is the information to add to the column for each gift.)
WriteOffAmt (Amount written off)
WriteOffDate (Date of write-off)
WriteOffPostDate (GL Post Date)
WriteOffPostStat (GL Post Status)
- In Administration, click Import. Create a new Gift, Write-off import.
- On the General tab, select Import new records. Browse to and select the CSV file.
- Go through each tab and select the appropriate options.
- Click Import Now.