- Set Key Indicator field as first field for data entry. This must be done in order to define the record type being created in order for the program to choose the proper name format.
- From the main menu, select Tools, User Options.
- On the Batch tab, highlight Default batch information.
- Select Auto-insert by field - when focus is placed in a field.
- Click OK.
Please note if the above steps do not work:
1. Make sure to separate the name fields and the addressee/salutations fields. To do so click on Tools, Edit Batch Setup. In the fields column highlight the name fields and place these first.
2. Make sure your addressee default does not rely on something the constituent doesn't have, for example, a nickname. Select a different default addressee that does not contain a nickname default.