The Reset Recurring Gift Date plug-in updates all recurring gifts with a Starting on date for the transaction schedule that is less than the gift date. The gift date for these gifts will be updated to equal the Starting on date.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Raiser's Edge:
- ResetRecurringDate.exe: Version 7.61 - 7.70
- Save ResetRecurringDate.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Raiser's Edge installed.
- Double-click ResetRecurringDate.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Raisers Edge 7\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains dobresetrecurringdate.vbd and resetrecurringdate.dll.
- Register resetrecurringdate.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Raiser's Edge.
- Log into The Raiser's Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Click the Reset Recurring Gift Date link.
- Follow the prompts.