The Remove Locked Connections plug-in removes the locked connections in the Locked Record Viewer.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
Note: Print and read all of the following instructions before running the plug-in.
- Have all users exit and sign out of The Education Edge and FAWEB. Any user logged into FAWEB when the plug-in is run will lose any unsaved work. The plug-in also disconnects all of these users.
- Log in to the workstation as a local administrator.
- Download the appropriate plug-in for your version of The Education Edge:
- RemLockedFAWEB.exe: Version 7.70 or higher
- Save RemLockedFAWEB.exe to the local hard drive of any workstation with The Education Edge installed.
- Double-click RemLockedFAWEB.exe.
- When prompted, unzip the files into the \Plugins folder on the workstation. (The default path is C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\Plugins.) The EXE file is a self-extracting zip file which contains RemLockedFAWEB.vbd and RemLockedFAWEB.dll.
- Register RemLockedFAWEB.dll on the workstation.
- Have all other users exit and sign out of The Education Edge.
- Log into The Education Edge.
- Click Plug-Ins from the navigation bar. The Plug-Ins screen appears.
- Select the Miscellaneous link.
- Click the Remove Locked FAWEB connections link.
If your software is hosted through Blackbaud Hosting Services, refer to How to run a plug-in in a hosted environment.
Note: If this plug-in does not resolve the issue refer to Orphan or ghost users appear in database connection viewer or Blackbaud Management Console.